Thursday 14 June 2012

Really positive week...

My trepidation (see last post) about this week's challenges proved unfounded...
Starting on Sunday with a very challenging 64.5 mile Evans Ride-It event, through to Tuesday's freezing cold outing and Wednesday's Etape pt II (which was hugely enjoyable - good hills, new top speeds for me and Jared (51.7 and 51.4mph respectively!), drafting with Ollie over the last few miles - and a high-speed ride in this morning (world record attempt spoiled only by a slow truck stuck behind a slow cyclist for a mile :( ), I've covered a total of 174 miles and climbed 4400 feet since Sunday morning, and I feel great right now!!
I'm finally starting to feel confident about the C2C, and am looking forward to it with great anticipation!!!

3 comments:

  1. btw. Ollie, I think your GPS thing overestimates climbing - you're getting a lot more than MapMyRide reckons. I think you mentioned 2300' at some point yesterday, but MapMyRide only gives yesterday's route 1552' of climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm dodgy gps or dodgy mapmyride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed that mapmyride is considerably lower than sports-tracker when it comes to total gain ....

    ReplyDelete