Friday 29 June 2012

Last long training ride completed, now for the real thing!

Completed my last 50-miler before the C2C yesterday... didn't feel like going out, especially as I was starting off with an ascent of Streatley hill, but managed to get out and ride.
Felt lethargic for the first 10 miles, but gradually got into it and was enjoying it by the later stages. Three Cat 5s and a Cat 4 (the 5s were harder!!), a lovely long downhill, and back home. Nice.
That took me past 1000 training miles too, which feels good!


Training from now on means lots of pasta between now and next Friday I reckon :)


Good luck everyone... I'm sure the work we've all put in will bring its rewards when we arrive triumphantly in Bridlington, but don't forget to enjoy the journey as well! :)

1 comment:

  1. well i reckon you are the most trained out of all of us. no training for me this weekend or last! should get out tomorrow night for a 20 mile blast. lets hope we get some good weather!

    ReplyDelete